BA (Hons) Business Studies
This established general business management programme provides a broad-based study of core business concepts to develop skills relating to marketing, human resources, information systems/e-Business, accounting, finance and many other career opportunities.
About the course
This undergraduate Business Management Studies programme provides students with an excellent foundation for a career in business and management. Rather than one particular specialization, this programme is designed to develop a broad range of business skills. The diverse operating conditions of this course will help students build their ability to develop sophisticated solutions to business problems. At the same time, they will come to understand a wide range of business roles. Be it Marketing, Operations, Accounting, HRM, or Business Strategy - this programme covers all the basic functional areas of the business discipline with their national and international context.
This programme is also suitable for individuals who wish to develop a business management specialization after a general business education, to become business teachers, or start their own businesses.
- Integrates theoretical studies and applications to real-world practices
- Caters management graduates with analytical, research, information technology, interpersonal, cross-cultural communication, and empathetic skills.
- Offers personal and career development through accessible student-faculty affiliation
- Develops self-confidence and the ability to work in diverse environments while communicating at a wide variety of levels.
Semester 1 and 2
- Quantitative Techniques in Business
- Marketing Management
- Economics for Business (EOB)
- Managing Information & Technology
- Organizational Theory & practice
- Personal & Professional Development
Semester 3 and 4
- Project Management (PM)
- Accounting for Business
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
- International Business (IB)
- Business Research Methodologies
- Financial Management & Analysis
Semester 5 and 6
- Global Strategic Management
- Building A Sustainable Organisation
- Case Study Analysis
- Contemporary Management Issues
Students will only choose one from below:
- Dissertation (continuing from semester 5)
- Business Project (continuing from semester 5)
- A-Levels, HSC, or equivalent
- Minimum Age Requirements: 16 years and above